SLES - School Leavers Employment Support
A Slice of Life is now offering School Leaver Employment Support training – but with a difference.
How are we different?
- Our aim is to help you prepare and find a meaningful and sustainable job that suits your interests and abilities.
- Our training is hands on and practical, ensuring that every day you achieve something that will help you towards your goal of getting a great job.
- Class sizes are small with a maximum of 15 students, all with low support needs so that you can receive the attention you need to achieve your personalised goals.
- Our curriculum covers everything from preparing for your job search to tips and strategies for becoming a valued employee.
- We offer fun extras such as cooking for your lunchbox, budgeting, public transport training, dressing for success, etc.
- We offer additional electives such as barista training, Responsible Service of Alcohol certification, first aid training and more.
At A Slice of Life, we recognise the importance of having a meaningful, sustainable job to your self-esteem, wellbeing and financial security and we want to help you secure that role.
The transition from school to work can be huge and we’re here to make that easier for you by ensuring you have the skills, training, information, strategies, confidence and support to help you every step of the way.
Learning with your peers is a great way to make friendships and support each other through this exciting phase of your life.
Whilst your training plan is personalised to your needs and goals, our curriculum covers:
- Goal setting
- Career profiling
- Identification of required skills and additional training requirements
- Job searching
- Resume and cover letter writing
- Interview skills and preparation
- Understanding job descriptions, expectations & rights
- Time management
- Transport training
- Self awareness
- Self care and dressing for your job
- Conflict resolution
- Decision making and problem solving
- Flexibility & resilience
- Lunchbox packing
- Workplace etiquette
- Computer literacy
- Preparing for your first day
- and more
A Slice of Life employment training is available to young people who have recently left school or about to leave school and have mild intellectual disability and low support needs.
Our aim is to prepare you to find a job you love and then keep it.
We are not aligned with an employment agency or supported employment options but are well connected within the local business community.
Contact us how you can put your NDIS funding to work to help you get to work!