A Slice of Life recognises that decluttering is a service that will benefit many NDIS participants.
We aim for our clients to live in a safe, comfortable environment.
Our decluttering service is highly sought after as we recognise that it is a process that needs to be managed with care, compassion, respect and patience. We always keep the end goal in mind.
Working alongside a team of allied health professionals, if required, we will meet with the participant in their home to discuss their concerns. At this stage, we assess any health and safety issues and create an action plan to address those. We work closely with the support coordinator and/or care team to ensure that the decluttering plan encompasses all concerns.
The plan starts by creating an agreement with the participant before we begin any of the work. Once the agreement has been gained, we move onto sorting belongings and deciding what is to be kept and discarded. All discarded items are removed and disposed of. All retained items are organised into a system that is manageable for the participant.
It is often a requirement of decluttering to have cleaning, pest control and various tradespeople involved in the process. These services are coordinated by A Slice of Life to ensure the least disruption for the resident whilst gaining the best possible outcome. New furniture or storage systems can also be organised by us.
Understanding that it is often hard to part with possessions, we work at the participant’s pace, with compassion and patience, whilst also balancing the need to achieve the goal of safe living conditions.
Sometimes it is important to work one or two rooms at a time to allow the participant time to adjust. Our focus is to achieve successful outcome for the participant, so we move at a pace that they can manage.
In our experience, a successful decluttering service gives the participant pride in themselves and their home. It boosts their self esteem and, most importantly, it allows them to live in a safe, clean environment with reduced stress.
Our services include:
- Creation of a decluttering plan that is agreed to by the participant.
- Coordination of allied health professionals, as required, including Occupational Therapists, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Mental Health Teams, etc.
- Communication with care and community team, including family and/or carers, support coordinators, Department of Housing, etc.
- Sorting, tidying, removal of accumulated clutter.
- Organising of all retained items into cupboards, pantry, shelving or filing system.
- Coordination of additional service providers including waste removal, cleaning, pest control, trades for repair or modifications.
- Purchase of agreed furniture and/or organisation/storage systems.
We also offer:
- Decluttering and organising of storage units or containers.
- Safe removal and/or management of animals living in squalor or hoarding conditions.
- Garbage removal.
- Lawn and garden maintenance (including heavy duty work).
- Home packing and moving.
Servicing Greater Sydney, the Central Coast, Illawarra and Northern Rivers region of NSW.